Tuesday 1 May 2012

Quick Lunch

Asparagus Salad

I had been home for a few weeks after Easter to get on with my uni work. Being home definitely had it perks, home comforts to deal with the pressure of deadline looming. Though the best part of being home, mum. She sorted out food for us and also made me the odd tea while I was working away.


One lunch she made was this asparagus salad. I do try and use seasonal products but could not help myself when I saw these and mum already had a new dish that she wanted to try.




Using fresh asparagus just steamed and then finished off with freshly chopped basil, mini capers and anchovies. Served with a boiled egg that is seasoned with fine chilli powder.



This was a delightful light lunch that we both enjoyed and is defiantly a summer recipe. Quick simple and impressive, easy to enjoy in a summer afternoon. Now all we need is the summer! 

Bon Appétit 

No comments:

Post a Comment