Friday 18 May 2012

Geneva

Over the easter break mum took me to Geneva for the weekend as a small treat as the rest of my family are jetting off around the world, and I'm stuck here due to my final major project (this is also the reason there haven't been new posts)

I was lucky while out in Geneva the weather was delightful so we walked around and mum told me stories about her childhood and the time spent in Geneva, This was lovely to hear how she grew up and how the times have changed.

Le Jet d'Eau 

Horloge Fleurie
We stopped off for lunch on the terrace of The Four Seasons Hotel Des Bergues. Sitting facing the le Lac was lovely and basking in the pure sunshine was a lovely way to send the afternoon.

A sample of what mum and I enjoyed;

Sashimi de Thon

Beef Carpaccio with Truffle 


Miso Black Cod

Fillet de Bar Roti  
Cristal de Framboise 
This desert is another one that I shall remember due to how it was presented, and to also the mixtures of textures there was in this one dish. There was Matcha ice cream, which is a green tea, and you can take my word for it, it really complimented the raspberries and the different textures thats the raspberries created.

Over all we had a lovely time and spent the days going round the city and taking in all the sites.

Bon Appétit 

1 comment: