Friday 30 March 2012

Thai Night

This week as a massive thank you to my mum I decided to make her an authentic Thai night, which included cocktails, sticky rice and fresh mangos from Thailand. I got the idea when I was doing the food shop earlier on in the week and in Sainsburys found mangos that where grown in Thailand. So I got very excited and thus the Thai night came in to plan. 

To start with, a fruit based cocktail 

La Recette 
4cl Gin
2cl Cointreau 
1 passionfruit 
passion fruit juice 

Pop it all apart from the fruit itself, (put this straight in to the glass) in to a shaker filled with ice, and shake it like you are Tom Cruise in the film Cocktail, if you have not seen this film make sure its on your list. and serve up in martini glass. Then all that is left to do is enjoy with your friends in the early English sun, and plan your summer adventures. 

Passionfruit Martini 

I am not a huge fan of curry, but when it comes to Thai curry, its another story. I am in love with Green Curry, it is easy to whip up and transports not only me but my family back to our holidays out the exotic country (incase you haven't read my pervious post about Thailand you can read it here - Somewhere Exotic, which would explain the love I have for the country) 

So I whipped up Green Chicken Curry with completed with sticky rice (this impressed mum), though for obvious reasons I could not find the typical veg used in the curry so I used courgette, baby button mushrooms and spinch. still tasted good. 


Green Curry

With the rest of the sticky rice I moulded in to small balls and chopped up the mango in to finger slices. Then I made the coconut milk slightly sweet and thicker by using palm sugar and heating it.

So the with the sweetened coconut in a small glass jar on the plate so you can use your fingers to dip the rice in to the syrup. This is another dish that is good to share with friends and family, also there is not much preparation to it.

Sophie Style Mango with Sticky rice and Coconut milk

After the lovely week of sunshine, this was the perfect way to feel like where somewhere else for an evening with out leaving the comforts of your home. 

Bon Appétit



No comments:

Post a Comment