Thursday 1 March 2012

Beetroot and Hazelnut Cake

This new recipe has been keeping my attention recently, as we are in the season of lent, my friends will know I have given chocolate up, it sounds easy, but its not as easy as seems. When I came home my taste team (my brother and his friends) was not entirely impressed of the chocolate ban.

So with this ban in mind I wanted to try new recipes that aren't entirely sweet. The Beetroot and Hazelnut Cake is a surprising mix of sweet and wholesome.


While making this cake, was quite interesting to see how the different flavours would complement each other, I used a variety of nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts and pine nuts.

The end results was rather interesting, the cake turned out to be a winner. My mum who doesn't have a large sweet tooth, really enjoyed this cake.



Enjoyed this with some mint tea in my Carry On Shopping mug, As a few of you will know I have a large collection of different mugs and tea cups. The beetroot in the cake saves the cake from being to dry and the nuts add some flavour and texture, while also adding protein, makes you feel less guilty while tucking in to a slice.

Bon Appétit  

No comments:

Post a Comment