Monday 16 July 2012

End of an Era

The last few weeks I have been non-stop, I have just got back form Lourdes, and have slept so much to recover from that, but before I go on about that trip, there was graduation and all that came with it. Before I went I had Graduation and The Degree Show in London Brick Lane, so here is a sneeky peek in to the past 3 weeks.

Graduation Ceremony

This marks the end of my student days, but this day will be in my memories, from the way our student house was full with all our families and loved ones and all getting ready. This was a such a good day to end the year. Over the last 3 years, I have made it known that pink is my favourite colour. So for graduation, I had to go out on a bang, and wore a bright pink dress... can you spot me?

BA (hons) Photography 
The group photo is from the lovely Becky Welford.


After the ceremony I enjoyed a lovely meal with my family, where we laughed and drank to our heart content and then headed down the beach to show the family where we spend the days in the few moments of sun we had!! 

A good send off from Bournemouth Beach 



Grad Ball 

We all got dressed up in our best frocks and went out all together for a good old send off, the night was filled with laughter, dancing and champagne. There was a photo booth, which we all took full advantage of. 

My Sis and I 


The Graduates
Frans famous instax images.


When the night came to an end we made our way down to the beach for the legendary skinny dip, a hand full of my braver friends went all in, I only went in to mid shins. 

What a way to end the night!

Feral - London Show 

So along side of doing our final major projects, we organised our degree show which was a collaboration between Illustration and Fine Art. Finally the time came to but all the prep in to action, we all got our D.I.Y on and became a team player to get ready for opening night. 

Team work to a new level 

Become Art

My Work 

A few words on my work. The photograph is a rendition of real world generally captured through the viewfinder of a camera. As this body of work does not have complete representation of the physicality of the world but rather has real elements of the real world. This means that the images are abstract due to what they are; they are not abstractions from the real world. This allows the work to take away the element of what the camera does to photography. The images are self-referencing which allows them to be what they are. This is the main theory behind concrete photography, the way that work is not referencing anything in particular.

Feral - Opening Night
 The last two photographs are from Fiona Osborne.

Even though the week was demanding we still found time to be the outrageous characters that we are.


Sadly I was only able to be there for the opening night, as I went to Lourdes the following morning, which is another story itself. But the opening night went smoothly and we all dressed in our final outfits and showed London our best work!! 

All I can say is Well done to everyone!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment